Elizabeth Bennett kindly passed us some historical Alvis correspondence and engineering drawings for lightening the 4.3 flywheel. Included was this menu for a 1939 Dinner Concert for the Alvis Inspection Department at the Gaumont Palace in Coventry. This opened in 1931 as an opulent 2,500-seat cinema, complete with ballroom, a stage for live shows with triple colour-change lighting around the proscenium arch, an organ rising from the orchestra pit, and a restaurant above the art deco foyer. Since Coventry University acquired the old cinema in 1998, The Ellen Terry Building, as it is now known by Coventry University students, has been transformed into a multi-media learning environment replete with high spec computer suites, darkrooms and performance spaces; tailored to the needs of students of Photography, Performing Arts, Media, Video Production and Journalism.
With French and Dutch subtitles.