Researching the detailed history of his car (see July 2020 article below) was part of the preparation and qualification for this prestigious event.
Graber Alvis rarely change hands but when they do, their past life has usually been recorded by us and the Swiss Car Register. So when Ken Swanstrom wrote in May to say he had bought TD21 26605 from Germany we were able to give some background on the previous owners, but not a lot of detail. The internet was able to fill in some gaps with clues from Christoph Grohe who had bought the car in Switzerland and sold it to the last owner in Germany in 1992.
Enquiries to the Graber Friends and Ralph Schwarz in particular drew somewhat of a blank as the first owner never participated in any events nor offered any data. However, an internet search revealed rather more.
Christoph Grohe confirmed he bought the car from Iva Gredinger and again an internet search enabled Ken to make contact with her, now 91, and was pleased to hear about the car. Not only that, but she revealed past ownership of another Graber which hopefully will be identified.
All that remains now is for the Swiss Car Register to provide any service documention from earlier years.
A restoration has been completed in Switzerland by Classic and Vintage Cars of Spiez, on this 1957 TC108G, chassis 25934, commission number 710.
Almost fifty years since the passing of Hermann Graber, a Continuation TF21 Model is in course of construction by the Alvis Car Company. The following gallery is of the final six TF21 Alvis built, including the very last, by Graber:
23rd June 2019: Graber coachwork was on display at several events including Coppet Concours which had two Alvis, a Bentley and a Rover coupe and a private Centenary event in Bubikon with five Alvis. In Oxfordshire at the Bicester Super Scamble was a fine selection…
In 1946 Graber made a couple of Tropic coupes on the TA14 chassis, but none are believed to have survived. When the Three Litre arrived, the Alvis Graber partnership flourished.
26777 Graber TD21 Series II coupe, formerly owned and restored by Werner Graf